Monday, February 6, 2012

& here we go.

My life is filled with crazy. It happens. I deal.
I've made a reoccuring pledge to myself to better my life, and hopefully help better the lives of those around me as well.

I want to be healthy. And being healthy comes with lifestyle changes, for me. I want to get up and move more. And, more importantly for me, eat healthier.

I'm the kind of girl who works better with a schedule, with some kind of list in front of me. So I've started writing down schedules. I'm making a list of workouts. Things I want to accomplish daily, even if it's as simple as 40 pushups, or something like that.
Along with the workouts, I'm going to try to change what I'm eating. It's work, and it's not easy, but I'm confident that with a little push, I can do this.

I've always been a private person. I'm quiet, I don't share what I'm thinking or feeling with very many people, so for me to create a blog and open up to the world has been incredibly difficult. My ultimate hope in doing this is that maybe it'll give me not only a little support and guidance, but also a way to be held accountable. If I tell the world that I want to eat healthier and workout more, then there's somebody out there who can question whether or not it happen, rather than me keeping it all in and not being called out when something I've said I'm going to do...doesn't get done.

That's where you come in, my friend. Don't be afraid to cheer me on [I need it.] Don't be afraid to offer advice [also much needed.] - What works for you? How do you work past the busy-ness and find the time to focus on yourself?
And just as importantly, don't be afraid to call me out if I'm not doing what I've said I'm going to do.

Here we go.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Trust me sister if I can do it so can you! And you'll rock! Good luck, and if you need any advice or a buddy I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud of you. I am not very good about communicating either. I am naturally socially shy/ introvert and it's hard for me to express myself to others. I am proud of you for doing what it takes to motivate you to get healthy. I am not very good about sticking to my goals. I feel the thoughts inside me saying "I don't wanna" and I tend to give in to it. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete